|30 mL||*Silica Test kit #1||*4571-G|
|15 mL||*Silica Test kit #2||*4467-E|
|15 mL||*Silica Test kit #3||*4468-E|
|5 mL||*Reducing Reagent||*6405-C|
|2||Test Tubes, 5 mL, glass, w/caps||0106|
|1||Pipet, plain, plastic||0352|
|1||Pipet, 0.5 mL, plastic||0353|
|1||Silica Octa-Slide 2 Bar,0.5-10.0 ppm||4465-01|
|1||Octa-Slide 2 Viewer||1101|
*WARNING: Reagents marked with an * are considered to be potential health hazards. To view or print a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for these reagents go to www.rxmarine.com
To order individual reagents or test kit components, use the specifi ed code number.
USE OF THE OCTA-SLIDE 2 VIEWER
The Octa-Slide 2 Viewer should be held so non-direct light enters through the back of the Viewer. Insert the reacted sample into the top of the Viewer. Slide the Octa-Slide 2 Bar into the Viewer and match the color of the reaction to the color standards.
1. Fill test tube (0106) to 5 mL line with sample water.
2. Add 7 drops of *Silica Test kit #1 (4571). Cap and mix by inverting 4 times.
3. Add 6 drops of *Silica Test kit #2 (4467). Cap and mix. Wait 5 minutes.
4. Add 6 drops of *Silica Test kit #3 (4468). Cap and mix. Wait 2 minutes.
5. Use pipet (0352) to add 2 drops of *Reducing Reagent (6405). Cap and mix. A BLUE color will develop in 10 seconds if
silica is present.
6. Insert the Silica Octa-Slide 2 Bar (4465-01) into the Octa-Slide 2 Viewer (1101).
7. Insert test tube into the Octa-Slide 2 Viewer. Match sample color to a color standard. Record as ppm Silica.
NOTE: If test color is darker than the 10.0 ppm standard, repeat test on diluted sample. Use pipet (0353) to add 0.5 mL of water sample to test tube. Dilute to 5 mL line with deionized water. Follow Steps 2 through 6 above. Multiply result by 10. Record as ppm Silica
Note: This article uses material from the http://rxmarine.com/