RXSOL D-SOLV DPM glycol ether is a mid-to slow evaporating solvent. This hydrophilic solvent has 100% water solubility and is ideally suited as a coupling agent in a wide range of solvent systems. RXSOL D-SOLV DPM glycol ether has a higher flash point which making it easier to handle, store, and ship. Often incorporated into latex emulsion coatings RXSOL D-SOLV DPM glycol ether can be used to prevent shocking (coagulation of emulsion) when hydrophobic solvents are used. More broadly, its hydrophilic nature makes it an ideal coupling aid in water reducible coatings, and cleaning applications. RXSOL D-SOLV DPM glycol ether%u2019s intermediate evaporation rate allow it to be used in a potentially wider range of systems than many other solvents.
|Solubility in water||:||COMPLETE|
|Density||:||0.950 at 25oC|
|Boiling point||:||189 oC|
|Melting point||:||-80 oC|
|Viscosity||:||3.5 cp at 25 oC|
|Vapour pressure||:||0.4 mbar at 20 oC|
|TLV Country NL YEAR 1995||:||50 ppm 300 mg/m3|
|Pollution category 1994||:||D|
- Coupling agent (often in blends) for water-based dilutable coatings.
- Active solvent for solvent-based coatings.
- Coupling agent and solvent in household and industrial cleaners, grease and paint removers, metal cleaners, and hard surface cleaners.
- Tail solvent for solvent-based gravure and flexographic printing inks.
- Primary solvent in solvent-based silk screen printing inks.
- Coupling agent in solvent blends for water-based gravure, flexographic, and silk screen printing inks.
- Coupling agent and solvent for vat dyeing fabrics.
- Mutual solvent, coupling agent, and emollient in cosmetic formulations.
- Stabilizer for agricultural herbicides.
- Coalescent for floor polishes and finishes
Note: This article uses material from the http://rxmarine.com/