Lead is seldom found uncombined in nature, it is mostly found in the form of Lead Oxides. Lead Oxides includes all oxides of Lead (Pb). In Lead Oxide category, all three lead Oxides are subcategorized as Lead Sub Oxide, which is a mixture of Lead Oxides & free Lead Powder and commercially called as Grey Oxide secondly reddish oxide of lead as Red Lead used as a pigment in paints, glass and ceramics thirdly a Yellow Lead Oxide, also called Lead Monoxide and commercially called Litharge.
Our premium quality Litharge powder finds extensive usage in diverse manufacturing industry domains like ceramics, insecticides, lubricants, rubber, PVC, inorganic pigments, petroleum refining and so on. We are one of the leading Litharge manufacturers India and Litharge suppliers having streamlined manufacturing facility with fully automated Barton Plant having a heating capacity at 600°C temperature in the beginning manufacturing process and have installed Litharge furnaces for the second production phase. Our Litharge manufacturing process involves making use of Pure Lead as raw material with of 99.98% purity.
Color-Reddish or Yellow crystalline Powder
Gravity-9.5 %u2013 9.7 microns
Melting Point-888 – 897oC
Synonyms-Lead Oxide, Lead Monoxide, Lead Litharge PbO
This product has versatile use.
- Lead oxide is Mainly used in electron tubes, picture tubes, optical glass, anti-X-ray lead glass and radiation-resistant rubber products.
- Used in smelting metal lead and preparing lead glass, lead compound, catalyst and paint drier.
- Used as analytical reagents, silicate flux, but also for the precipitation of amino acids
- Lead oxide is used in the manufacture of PVC plastic stabilizer and also is the raw materials of other lead salts. In the paint industry, it can be used with oil to make lead soap for paint driers. It can also be used in the manufacture of high refractive index optical glass, ceramic enamel, plane grinding agent of precision machine tool, medical raw materials and rubber coloring agent. It is also used for battery plate manufacturing, oil refining and so on.
- Used as pigments, metallurgical fluxes and paint driers, and also used in petroleum, rubber, glass, enamel and other industries
- Used as fluxing agents of decomposing silicate and metallurgy and paint driers, and also used for determination of gold and silver and precipitation of amino acids. It can be blended with glycerol to produce hard materials as adhesives in glass and rubber industry.
Note: This article uses material from the http://rxmarine.com/