Fatty Acid Oil Cleaner contains a Strong emulsifier which is specialized for emulsification of Fatty Acid. This product is an exceptional solvency power on soil & oily matter. It is free from Hydrocarbon solvents, Biodegradable and minimizes the extreme hazards to personnel in handling materials.
Fatty Acid Oils/Fats (cleaning procedure)
Fatty acid oils/ fats will react with seawater as well as with untreated fresh water and will format magnesium and calcium soaps (white residues). If possible seawater or untreated freshwater (high water hardness) should not be used for pre-cleaning.
1. Butter worth the tanks 1-1,5 hour with a treated freshwater, which should be prepared in a separate tank.The cleaning temperature should be approx. 20-25°C above the melting point of the product.
For better result contact RX MARINE INTERNATIONAL. If the use of seawater cannot be avoided Butter worth the tank for 1-1, 5 hour with seawater of a temperature of 10 -15°C above the melting point of the product. After a sufficient pre-cleaning, the temperature can be increased to 20-25°C above the melting point of the product.
2. If seawater was used in.
3. Flush the tank 10 minutes with fresh water to remove the residues of seawater.
4. Prepare the following cleaning solution in fresh water:
- 0.4% RXSOL CTC-VOLC .
- 5% RXSOL AL 2005 Butter worth the tank 1.5 hours with the prepared solution. be recirculation. The temperature should be approx. 70-80°C.
5. Butter worth the tank for 1 hour with hot seawater (60-80°C)
6. Flush the tank with fresh water Inspect the tank: If white residues are present Butter worth the tank with on of the following solution:
- 3-5% phosphoric acid and 0.4% RXSOL CTC-VOLC ; or .
- 3-5% nitric acid and 0.4% RXSOL CTC-VOLC ; or.
- 2-5% of a metallic brightener RXSOL MB 1011 and 0.4% RXSOL CTC-VOLC The cleaning temperature should be moderate (50°C.) Use heating coils, not the butter worth heater.
7. Butter worth the tank 0, 5 hours with fresh water.
8. Ventilate, mop and dry the tank.
Note: This article uses material from the http://rxmarine.com/