CORIN 303 Corrosion inhibitor is a modified, amine-type additive designed to protect all oilfield tubular goods. CORIN 303 Corrosion inhibitor helps prevent general corrosion attack on casing, tubing and downhole tools in contact with clear completion brines.
|Physical appearance||:Dark brown liquid|
|Flash point||:305°F (151.6°C) (PMCC)|
|Pour point||: <11°F (-12°C)|
|Viscosity at 77°F (25°C)||: 4 cP|
CORIN 303 Corrosion Inhibitor Pkr. Fluid additive controls corrosion of tubing and casing strings when used in workover or packer brines, including sodium chloride, calcium chloride, sodium bromide, calcium bromide and zinc bromide. CORIN 303 Corrosion Inhibitor Pkr. Fluid is designed for use in clear brines but can be used in viscosified completion or drilling fluids. Pilot testing for compatibility is recommended for this application.
General dose is recomended for treatment of clear brine fluids, 1 Drum (210 Ltrs) CORIN 303 Corrosion Inhibitor pkr. Fluid should be added to 100 barrels (15.9 m3) aprrox 16 MT of brine. This is equal to 0.55 gal/bbl (13.1 L/m3) or 5 lb/bbl (14.3 kg/m3). CORIN 303 Corrosion Inhibitor pkr. Fluid can be added directly to the brine without special mixing equipment or agitation.
- When applied to zinc bromide fluids, recommendations should be obtained .
- Designed for application in clear brine fluids. If used in a viscosified completion or drilling fluid, pilot testing for compatibility is recommended
- Protects metal surfaces in both the shallow, upper part of the well and in the deeper, hotter areas. At the recommended concentration, CORIN 303 Corrosion Inhibitor pkr. Fluid provides protection at bottomhole temperatures up to 350°F (177°C).
- Protects both tubular goods and completion tools exposed to workover or clear completion brines.
- Compatible with sodium chloride, potassium chloride, calcium chloride, sodium bromide, calcium bromide and moderate-density zinc bromide brine fluids.
Handling and Storage :
Handle as an industrial chemical, wearing protective equipment and observing the precautions described in the Material. Store in a dry, well-ventilated area. Keep container closed. Keep away from heat, sparks and flames. Store away from incompatibles. Follow safe warehousing practices regarding palletizing, banding, shrink-wrapping and/or stacking
Note: This article uses material from the http://rxmarine.com/